Final external messaging from the London Resilience COVID19 Multi-Agency Comms Group: 29 June 2020
Please find HERE the latest external messaging from the London Resilience COVID19 Multi-Agency Comms Group.
Please share this information with stakeholders within your organisation.
From 1 July the SCG Comms Hub will be standing down and will no longer be producing briefings, including the regular business briefings. The GLA Economic Development team will provide updates on key announcements.
Key highlights and announcements
- Local Government Minister Simon Clarke and Environment Minister Rebecca Pow have written to councils setting out the government’s position on public access to household waste recycling centres and municipal public toilets.
- The Government has announced its £200m Sustainable Innovation Fund to help companies across the UK recovering from the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) keep their cutting-edge projects and ideas alive.
- CTP’s National CT Security Office (NaCTSO) has released guidance [see attached] to advise businesses on how to respond to a marauding firearms/weapon attack following recent tragic incidents.
Support and guidance for businesses
- In light of the announced measures to ease lockdown restrictions in England, the government has issued a series of updated sector guidance documents. Working safely during coronavirus: guidancefor people who work in or run shops, pubs, restaurants, museums, hotels, branches, stores or similar environments.
- BEIS uses this portal for its creative assets/hashtags/comms guidance. Campaigns on left hand menu include ‘Getting Financial Support’ and ‘Working Safely’:
- Assets for working safely
- Showing your business is COVID secure
- London and Partners launched its ‘Because I’m a Londoner’ campaign last week which is encouraging a responsible recovery in consumer spending in London. Join the London Alliance to get access to free-to-use downloadable assets campaign, from videos and images to social media posts. You’ll also be able to register for updates, including ongoing campaign activations and more tools to promote your business.
- HMRC is running webinars on the Self-employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS). This webinar provides an overview of the Self-Employed Income Support Scheme including who can apply and how, the amount you can claim and other support available. Clickhere for further information.
- The London Growth Hub has collated updated reopening guidance for hospitality businesses, produced a factsheet detailing the government support available for businesses and created a resourceon working safely and managing social distancing. It has also developed a landing page for information and guidance specifically regarding the Discretionary Local Business Grants available here.
- The UK Government has published a series of webinars to help businesses work safely during COVID-19. They cover a range of business settings and sectors including construction, offices, labs, and working in other people’s homes. View all of these videos here.
Media Officer, COVID-19 Media Hub
London Resilience Forum – Strategic Coordination Group