London Resilience COVID19 Multi-Agency Comms Group: 26 June 2020
Please find HERE the latest external messaging from the London Resilience COVID19 Multi-Agency Comms Group.
Key highlights and announcements
- On 23 June, the Prime Minister made a statement to the House of Commons where he set out the government’s next steps in easing the national lockdown, including the reopening pubs, restaurants, hotels and hairdressers from 4 July in England, when social distancing rules will be eased to ‘one metre plus’.
- In light of the announced measures to ease lockdown restrictions in England, the government has issued a series of updated sector guidance documents. Working safely during coronavirus: guidance for people who work in or run shops, pubs, restaurants, museums, hotels, branches, stores or similar environments.
- The government yesterday published the Business & Planning Bill which will enact changes to licensing arrangements. The government has also provided explanatory notes to accompany this legislation. Specific guidance has been published to accompany the bill on construction working hours, pavement licenses, and making current spatial development strategies available digitally.
- Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden unveiled the roadmap to get the performing arts sectors back up and running. The roadmap has been met with calls for financial support and a timetable for reopening from the industry.
- The Corporate Insolvency & Governance Bill received Royal Assent on Thursday 25th June, it is now an Act of Parliament. The Act amends insolvency and company law to support business to address the challenges resulting from the impact of COVID-19.
Support and guidance for businesses
- BEIS uses this portal for its creative assets/hashtags/comms guidance. Campaigns on left hand menu include ‘Getting Financial Support’ and ‘Working Safely’:
- Assets for working safely
- Showing your business is COVID secure
- London and Partners launched its ‘Because I’m a Londoner’ campaign last week to which is encouraging a responsible recovery in consumer spending in London. Join the London Alliance to get access to free-to-use downloadable assets campaign, from videos and images to social media posts. You’ll also be able to register for updates, including ongoing campaign activations and more tools to promote your business.
- HMRC is running webinars on the Self-employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS). This webinar provides an overview of the Self-Employed Income Support Scheme including who can apply and how, the amount you can claim and other support available. Click here for further information.
- The London Growth Hub has produced a factsheet detailing the government support for businesses available and a resource on working safely and managing social distancing. It has also developed a landing page for information and guidance specifically regarding the Discretionary Local Business Grants available here.
- The UK Government has published a series of webinars to help businesses work safely during COVID-19. They cover a range of business settings and sectors including construction, offices, labs, and working in other people’s homes. View all of these videos here.